Saturday, August 6, 2011

Weekly Wrap-Up, the New Stuff Edition

I had a fantastic week for my return to hoping the periformis has healed just a little bit more dedicated running after my light July. Seriously, there was so much about this week that I loved.

Thing I Loved #1
My hubby changed jobs back in February and now has an office even closer to the kiddo's daycare than my work is. This has meant that I am no longer the parent primarily responsible for dropping him off and picking him up. And you know what that means?? It means that for the seldom days when I turn to the 'mill, I can get to the gym early enough to run, shower, and get to my desk by 9. I realize this may not sound like a huge deal to a lot of you, but knowing I can get my run in in the morning without panic and worry about time is a huge blessing.

Thing I Loved #2
My new for August fitness excitement--YOGA! Yes, I have done yoga semi-regularly in the past, but it's been a while. A while back I snatched a Groupon for one month of unlimited classes at Southtown Yoga here in the city. It is a seriously nice yoga studio. A 1-month unlimited pass would normally be $150 (read: I got parked in by an Audi this morning when I went). I'm going with a girlfriend from work, and we just started on Tuesday. So far I'm really liking it. It works my body in such a different way than running. It's hard! And fab.

Thing I Loved #3
You've heard me talk about my uber-walkable neighborhood before. Well, it's still walkable and I still love it! The weather cooled off a bit for two days this week, so I grabbed the opportunity to "run" some of my errands around the neighborhood. That makes me so, so happy.

Overall it was still a light week, but the slow transition back up from July that I'd planned and hoped for. Here's how it shook out:
Monday: 3.6 miles
Tuesday: 60 min yoga
Wednesday: 4.0 miles
Thursday: rest
Friday: 2.1 miles ("running" errands)
Saturday: 75 min yoga

1 comment:

Black Knight said...

Glad you can do your training in the morning before going to work. I know, it changes the life because later you have all the day for you. I usually swim or run in early morning to be in office at 09.00/09.30 (it is half mile far from my house).
I never tried yoga but I think it is very good for mind and body.
I love to do some "running errands" in the most panoramic places of my city.
Have a good sunday.