Tuesday, February 8, 2011

XT love!

First things first--you guys are much more concerned about my blog name than about my Kick Assphalt shirt. Therefore:

  1. I will refrain from changing my blog name. 
  2. The Kick Assphalt shirt goes to....Jessie! Send me your shipping info at joannaruns@gmail.com!
Moving on to the XT Love, I don't have much time to post, but wanted to post some love for yoga! I went to my Tuesday morning yoga class today. It's so humbling to be in the class and know that I can run my ass off, but have absolutely no core strength. And then the stiffness that comes with running. Oh my. Even though I've only been doing yoga for a few weeks, the chronic pain I've had in my "left buttock" has decreased. YOGA LOVE.

One of my co-workers just wished me luck on getting through today's pack of cigarettes. NO, I DON'T SMOKE. Stop freaking out. I just sound like a pack-a-day smoker with this cough. But it's much better than it was over the weekend and I can't stand to miss any more days of running. So I'll be back on the training schedule tomorrow with my pace run. Question: this was supposed to be a cut-back week. Do I leave it as a cut-back or try to make up my missed miles?

Eight weeks until Martian and 14 weeks until Cleveland!! 

3 comments:

Jen Feeny said...

Life happens and rather than try to squeeze in the workouts you missed, just write them off and start over from where you left off. If you add in the mileage on a cut down week you're just going to burn yourself out for next week when the mileage goes back up. Enjoy your workouts this week as is and be rested and ready to tackle a challenging week next week!

TNTcoach Ken said...

Wow, the Redhead hit it on the head. Enjoy the cut-back.....

Unknown said...

I hope you kept it as a cutback as well. They are correct.