Monday, December 12, 2011

Mondays in Love: Ornaments & Signs for Sale!!

I know, it's kind of a crazy announcement. See, a while back The Beastie opened an Etsy shop that mainly sells PhD-themed Christmas ornaments. She's amazing and they are beautiful and if you want to celebrate the attainment of a PhD (or Masters that involved a hooding), be sure to stop by. Well, when I celebrated my 300th blog post I did it the only way I know how--a giveaway of crafty goodness! The 13.1 sign went to Elle and the 26.2 went to Marlene. While talking with Marlene about how to customize her sign, she encouraged me to think big and consider opening a little Etsy shop. Given my already insane schedule, I wasn't so sure. But between Marlene and The Beastie, an idea had been planted.


Then, a few weeks ago I was in a craft store picking up the last supplies to finish The Beastie's Christmas stocking (yes, I am the Official Stocking Knitter of our generation, and I love it!! Every generation needs one. It might as well be me!). While I was there, I decided to pick up a 4-pack of empty glass Christmas ornaments and see what happened. At the very least, I thought, I could make myself one to celebrate my PR in Cleveland. Then things got crazy busy around here (like, unprecedented crazy, more on that in a few weeks) and I kind of decided I wasn't going to get to it. Until today. Today I decided I was reclaiming some ME time. So I sat down during the kiddo's nap and made it happen. For me. And the result isn't bad! (there is text on the back, too)


So here I am with the 3 remaining empty glass ornaments that came in my 4 pack, and nothing to do with them. What's a girl to do? Put it on Etsy!! I know, like I have time, but whatever. You only live once. :) So without further ado, here's my shop! Get yourself over there and order an ornament or running sign before they're gone. Order by Friday (or earlier, please!) to ensure Christmas delivery.

7 comments:

Marlene said...

YAYYY! Good for you. :) Good luck!!!

Anonymous said...

very cool! best of luck with your business venture :) and thanks for the shout-out!
~natalie

Run Jess Run said...

Etsy rocks my socks! Good luck!

Elle said...

What a great idea. I do love my sign! It is very inspiring!

I wish we had a house-sized tree so that I could have one of your ornaments... alas my little boat tree is much too small.

Good Luck and Good Selling! Beautiful design.

Suz and Allan said...

You did a great job with the ornament!

MJ said...

Etsy! Yikes! This will require you to go to the post office! Or some other shipping location. haha! Just kidding!
I think this is great!

Black Knight said...

Great idea, good luck!!!!