Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Dirty Dancing

You know how I said I was going to let in more of the crazy? Well, here's your first little taste of it. Ready?

It totally creeps me out to tell the internet where I'm going before I go there.

But now that our time up on the mountain is over, I can tell you all about it! We spent a long weekend hanging out at Mountain Lake, in southwest Virginia, doing a whole lot of relaxing with some people I love.




For the girly girls among you, this is where Dirty Dancing was filmed. Yes, the gazebo, the stone lodge, all the landmarks you would recognize. And, this is also where Mr. Joanna and I held our wedding reception 6 years ago, so it's extra awesome for us. We've loved coming back and showing this place to our little boy. One of the sweetest moments for me was carrying my son (for communion on Sunday) to the alter where Mr. Joanna and I were married. Talk about an incredible moment.

You might also recall that I'm from central Appalachia. Being back in the mountains is so relaxing and therapeutic. We ate good food, heard some Appalachian storytelling, swam, biked, ran (of course), slept in, saw a magic show, and on and on. I can't say enough good things about it!

There are a few more really gorgeous runs to share with you from this trip, and a little more travel to share. Stay tuned!

4 comments:

Marlene said...

Sounds like an awesome time!

Jen Feeny said...

How cool is that?!?!?

Jodi H said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! So cool about carrying your son up for communion!!

Run Jess Run said...

That sounds like an awesome trip!