Saturday, May 4, 2013

The April Run-Down (a little late)

(run down, get it? I'm mixing in horrible running puns now. You know you like it.)
# Runs: 15

# Miles: 65.6

Fav Run of the Month: Easily the Lincoln Presidential Half Marathon, in Springfield, IL. Read the recap here.

Current excitement: We sold our house!

Current anxiety: We sold our house! 

We are finally closing on our IL house on Wednesday and we sold our house here. These things both sound great, but if you've been reading for a while you know that selling houses is not my favorite thing in the world. Until it's all said and done on Wednesday, and until the inspections on our current place on Tuesday, I'm going to be a ball of nerves. 

Current PITA: This blasted baby fat is being oh so very stubborn. I've ratcheted up my efforts on this front but have seen zero progress. I've actually gained a few pounds. WTH.

Current blessing: On the running front, I can see my speed continuing to improve post-race. This was not anticipated, as my mileage dropped a lot. I guess I'm still just in a state of flux. I'll take it!! 

Otherwise, things for our upcoming move are going smoothly so far, knock on wood! When we moved here I was an absolute train wreck from stress. While leaving STL is incredibly bittersweet for us, the actual logistics of it aren't keeping me up at night.

Looking forward:.I hate to say it, but my April running was pretty un-spectacular. It was 3-4 mile runs during the week and one 6 miler in an effort to return to longer runs. This was partly to be expected after my race. But....I miss training! While I don't have my next race picked out yet, I am going to start mixing speed work and tempo runs back in, to keep things fresh. Should be fun! 

That was my April. I'm about to dive into reading all about yours if you posted a recap! 

3 comments:

Black Knight said...

15 runs means a workout every other day and that is good. Moreover you have run a sub 2:00 half and it is a fast finishing time.
I am trying to sell my house (where I lived before I got married) but it is difficult for the economical crises.

Suz and Allan said...

Hope the house selling process is going well. That sounds stressful!

Raquelita said...

I wonder if the stress and the anxiety of the house selling and the move might be causing you to hang on to some of the weight...? Be kind to yourself during this stressful transition! Congrats on the continued speediness!