Monday, February 11, 2013

Joanna's Loves Triathlon Training: 1 week to go!

I have been training hard for my upcoming Joanna's Loves Triathlon, have you? If it's not on your calender yet, add it! This blogger triathlon is this coming weekend, February 15-17. Just as a teaser, I picked up the (very modest) prizes today!!

Running
This weekend was a MAJOR milestone for me: I ran farther than I have since, wait for it....the freaking Cleveland Marathon, which was May 2011!! I did this over eight mid-paced, glorious miles. I know, I know. After 3 marathons and many HMs, 8 miles doesn't sound like much, but it means a lot to hit this distance again. So proud!! And what's better is I held my pace and didn't feel pushed by the distance. I'm feeling good about this April half that's coming up...Also, I ran as many miles last week as I did in the whole month of November. Told you I'd be back! :)

Yoga
Ok, ok, I didn't actually do any yoga this past week. But I did buy a new yoga top at Target. Does that count?

Baking
If running is good stress relief, so is baking. My go-to lately has been a simple chocolate cake with fresh whipped cream and blueberries on top, sometimes with chocolate syrup (I really should have taken a picture). There are few things simpler and lovelier than fresh whipped cream. I haven't bought Cool Whip in about 4 years and I never will again. One cup of heavy whipping cream, a teaspoon of sugar, and a hand or stand mixer and you're in business. Love. 


Nitty Gritty on the Joanna's Loves Triathlon
FAQ #1: How far do I have to run?
If it's far enough for you to call it exercise, I'm good with it!

FAQ #2: How long do I have to do yoga?
I'm going to say 20 minutes, but really, the answer from #1 applies here too.

FAQ #3: Do I have to do these activities consecutively?
You have all weekend to get the three parts of the triathlon done.

Once you've completed your triathlon, post a comment on the original post and, if you'd like, send me pictures to joannaruns@gmail.com. I'll post a few pictures and will pick some prize winners from the pictures submitted on Monday morning.

Train hard, race day is just around the corner! ;)

1 comment:

Jen Feeny said...

I know exactly how you feel with the going the farthest you have in years feeling, was right there with you this weekend, was actually thinking about you and hoping your run went well. :)

P.S. Did you by chance get something via email recently from me???