Sunday, December 13, 2009

Felt like a caged animal

I realize that I haven't updated my mileage in quite some time. The truth is, a cold front moved in around the first of the month and I was just ill-prepared for running outdoors in the cold. In previous years I've decreased mileage drastically in the winter and have stayed indoors. After my treadmill workout the other day, I have dreaded the idea of running indoors. So, with the cold, I just more or less stopped running after the first. I felt like a caged animal after a week. The answer? Thermal running tights.

HOW HAVE I LIVED WITHOUT THESE?? I bought Pearl Izumi Aurora Thermal Tights. They are fabulous. They look like standard black tights, but they are lined with technical fleece. They made their maiden voyage this Saturday morning, when it was so cold my teeth hurt. Was I cold? Not even a little bit. I have no idea why I didn't buy these years ago. As long as the roads are passable, I think I'll be out running this winter! So, the long overdue mileage update:

431.1 + 3.7 + 6.0 + 2.0 + 5.0 = 447.8

No comments: