Thursday, November 13, 2008

hurts so good

Last night was the regular Wednesday night track practice. We did a warm-up, 10x200, and a cool down. I tend to do better with longer intervals, so I really had to work at the 200s (1/8 mile). It went really well! I started out at about 48 seconds and sped up to 45-46 seconds, then maintained that pace throughout. I think that might have been running too hard, but I was glad I did it. Um.. until I woke up this morning. Oh my goodness, I don't know that I've ever seen sore from a track workout before, but man was I sore today. All the muscles through my hips and quads hurt. It's a good thing! This is the area I've been struggling to strengthen. It's finally happening!

I have one more workout tomorrow before my Saturday morning long run. It's supposed to snow on Saturday, so wish me luck. It will be my longest run ever--14 miles!

In other news, things at school have been...exciting? My funding for spring is uncertain, so I have been searching for opportunities on campus and trying to make plans in case nothing comes through. Also, as of today, I can see the light at the end of the long, dark tunnel between the qual and the prelim. I think I will be able to schedule it pretty soon. Stay tuned.

No comments: