It feels like reaching back into a fog to pull out any vague memory of what happened. But I can tell you that one of the biggest highlights was my return to organized yoga--LOVE.
While I'd done some yoga at home over the last 9 months, I hadn't gone to an actual class, and truthfully my core strength is still a complete joke. Last Tuesday evening I went to an hour-long yoga class at a studio near my house. Lessons learned:
- If you attend a yoga class when virtually everyone in the metro area is congested, it's inevitable that someone in the class will sound like Darth Vader breathing.
- I got to chatting with the girl next to me before class started and told her it was my first class since baby (as in, please don't judge me!). She was really nice. She tipped me off that the class gets sweaty, which brings me to...
- Yes, I got sweaty. But not so much from exertion. While doing a pose I saw the thermostat on the wall behind me: 78 freaking degrees! Who heats a room of 60 people to 78 degrees in January? And yet,
- Doing yoga in a hot room is amazing! My periformis, which has been in a knot for at least 2 years, actually released for a few days. Need.more.yoga. Is hotter better? Who has tried it? I need input!
- I really expected the class to kick my rear end hard, and it really didn't. I felt great and bendy when I left, and was only a little sore over the next 2 days or so. Ideal.
So there you have it--my return to formal yoga. How do you like your yoga? Hot, cold, class or at home? What works for you?