Monday, July 2, 2012

Mondays on Notice: More Gear Questions

After being at home for 2 months on maternity leave and being home now 2 days per week (I'm back to work part-time through the end of this month), I've made HUGE progress on getting my house organized. You know, simple things that adults should be on top of, like getting all the birth-related medical bills and corresponding insurance statements organized, paid, and filed. Getting the house cleaned a bit more frequently than before. Well, among my culling of items to organize or pitch, I've collected an impressive pile of old running shoes.

no, not actually. http://livebare.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/img_2633.jpg

I kept them hoping to donate them to one of those shoe programs it seems like I'm forever reading about. The Whole Foods here was collecting them for a while, but when I went to donate mine their collection had ended. This seems to be the story of me and running shoes. What do you do with yours?? Help! I don't want to pitch them, but they've gotta go.

3 comments:

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

I donated mine recently when they had a collection at my local running store. I tend to keep one old pair just in case though

Run Jess Run said...

Try donating them to the local high school for kids who need shoes for gym class.

MJ said...

We have given some to this before. http://www.nikereuseashoe.com/
There is a link to find a location.