Sunday, August 24, 2008

Best long run ever

Saturday morning was the best long run ever. I hit the six mile mark with no difficulty AND I got to see some of my old teammates. Two of my former teammates are coaches for the fall TNT Team and my old coach, Harley, is their mentor. The fall and winter teams trained together this Saturday, so I got to see them. A few other alumni I know were there too. I was in such a good mood on the drive to practice and then afterwards. It was great to see everyone. Well, almost everyone. MEG!

I started my fundraising effort in earnest this past week. I've already raised close to $300! Thank you so much to everyone who responded to my initial call for support!! For anyone interested in helping out, my fundraising page can be found here. I'm also organizing a yard sale. I think I'm going to push the date back to September 6 to give myself more time to find donations for the sale. If you're local and have anything you'd like to donate, please let me know!

In other news, it's official: maternity leave is over. Elliot goes to day care in the morning. Even while I feel good about the daycare provider we chose, I can't help but be a little bit anxious. I think it would be unnatural not to be. It hasn't quite sunk in yet that my daily routine of life in Mumford starts again tomorrow as well. Wish me luck!

No comments: