Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Switching things up

I'm supposed to run on Mondays and cross-train on Tuesdays. Yesterday I walked for 30 minutes with my friend Marla at lunch. I had planned to run when I got home, but I had an awful headache. Consequently, I decided that the 30 minute walk would be this week's "cross-training" (ok, so I cheated just a little) and I would do an actual run today.

I was a little hesitant about today's run. It was finally hot enough out that I turned the air conditioning on in our house. It's been quite some time since I ran outside when it was hot, so I wasn't sure how I was going to do. I waited until about 6:30, at which time it was about 84 degrees I think. I was pleasantly surprised--the heat didn't get to me at all. It turned out to be a nice run. My shins didn't bother me, which is great--this is the first time in weeks that my right shin hasn't acted up during a run. There was a gentle breeze the whole time I was out. I saw lots of people from the subdivision. I have no idea how far I ran, since a) my pedometer is calibrated for walking and b) I left it at work anyway. I was out for 30 minutes, that I know.

When I got back I stretched and rehydrated. After maybe 15 minutes we sat down to dinner--Tuscan Lamb--yum! Tomorrow is a track workout in Urbana. It's going to be harder than last week's run, so I'm not sure what to expect. I've heard the track runs get brutal, we'll see.

No comments: