Monday, November 12, 2012

Mondays on Notice: Sick, again

I am so tired of being sick. I don't remember ever being sick so frequently. Ever. I was so sick Friday night that I finally took myself to the ER to get re-hydrated and get the nausea stopped. Then I slept all day Saturday and did the bare minimum Sunday, by which time my older son was sick. He stayed home from school today and I worked but didn't feel great about life.

And so I put it on notice--sickness. Enough. 

But there's a silver lining. I did still run this morning, and with a friend, even. About 3.6 miles, slow and chatty in the cool (cold) morning. Since moving here two years ago I've done the vast majority of my running solo. I think it's about time for that to end. I think it's time to run with people again. This morning was fun.

I've been fantasizing about next year's races. Maybe the first training cycle can be my introduction back into group running.

4 comments:

Suz and Allan said...

Still sick? Ugh, hope all of you are well soon!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that you've been sick! I hope that you feel better really soon!
~Natalie

Raquelita said...

Ugh! So sorry that a plague seems to be upon your house. Hopefully, you are all well again soon! Nice job of running so soon after being so ill. That's commitment!

Damaris said...

Boo for this plague that's been haunting you. :( YAY for running with people! I definitely miss you at LOW, but I hope you find an amazing group of likeminded people to run with.