Monday, November 26, 2012

Mondays in Love: Staycation!!

Pretty soon I will be making decisions and signing up for spring races. Before we get to those decisions, I'm enjoying running when I wanna and having some extra family time. It was a thankful Thanksgiving in that way. Rather than doing a traditional Thanksgiving, my brood and I really needed a break and some down time, so we planned a whole staycation and had an absolute blast.

We stayed at a hotel with a pool (HUGE hit with the kiddos), went to the Thanksgiving parade and saw everything from the Grinch to this:
Yes, a huge shopping cart. wth??

We went out to a fancy Thanksgiving dinner, played games, and went to the Arch. The baby woke up just in time to take in the sights. 


I topped the weekend off with a perfect 5 miles on Sunday, done with a smile on my face and early winter in the air. Life is good this holiday season!! Were you thankful for running this year? 

6 comments:

Marla said...

This post sounds delightfully refreshed! That's wonderful!

Raquelita said...

Yay for staycations and fabulous Thanksgivings! I am definitely thankful for running this year -- though I am not thankful that airplane tickets are so high that I probably won't be able to race before the Vancouver Marathon in May.

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

Glad you had a great staycation! I love those. I am so thankful for running, I would go a little crazy without it!

Unknown said...

Congrats for your blog! the maid pic is great!!

Suz and Allan said...

That sounds like a wonderful way to spend Thanksgiving!

Black Knight said...

Merry Christmas and happy new year to you and family.