I absolutely love other peoples' "random things about me" posts. It's a fun way to learn about the bloggers I follow and see what crazy things people come up with. This time, you get to read some random from lil' ol' me, thanks to Marlene's 11 Randoms post yesterday. Here are the rules:
1. Post these rules
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
5. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag people! (I'm downgrading the tagging from 11 to 5--11 seems like a lot)
11 Random Things
- I am wildly allergic to honey. I know it doesn't make much sense, and it doesn't always happen (different strains of pollen? Different sugar concentrations?), but when I unknowingly eat it, really bad things happen. I discovered this thanks to honey nut Cheerios in the 3rd grade. You don't want details.
- I really hate over-paying for groceries. I don't have a problem spending money on nice things every now and then--it's not an all-encompassing cheapness--I just hate over-paying for groceries. I have a whole routine of how I shop that's designed to save money. It works pretty well.
- I once fell off a mountain. The ground was dry and just let loose under me and I fell, went over a small cliff, and slid for what seemed like forever. I was pretty sure I was going to die for about 5 seconds. I still have scars on my stomach and arm from the fall, and it was nearly 13 years ago.
- My husband and I both hold degrees from Virginia Tech, and we met there, but we didn't attend at the same time. We actually met through my brother.
- I think I've mentioned this before, but I love lemon curd. It's expensive, but so worth it.
- I know it will be a while before we take another big trip, but I'm already ready for another vacation that includes West Virginia. Our vacation this past summer was perfect.
- For years I ate what became known as my "10:30 Banana." Like clockwork. I still eat a lot of bananas, but I've diversified the snack repertoire.
- I was born in the back of a moving vehicle. It was a red hatchback. Know what I grew up and bought? A freaking red hatchback. We are NOT going to delay in leaving for the hospital when the time comes. You just can't have consecutive generations born in red hatchbacks. It's too much.
- I can't stand dirty floors.
- I bake most of our bread. I actually got up this morning so I could get bread baked in time for lunch. I get kinda weirded out by the preservatives and unpronounceable things in commercial bread. Plus, see #2 above.
- I talk and sometimes do bizarre things in my sleep. By far my personal favorite--about a year ago I punched myself in the eye while sleeping. If it hadn't woken me up in time to see my arm going back down I wouldn't have believed it. My husband happened to be awake for it too. We looked at each other like, "WTH just happened??"
Questions from Marlene
1. What is your favourite pair of non-running shoes?
Oh man, that's a hard question. I have a pair of Doc Marten mary janes that I've had for 10 years and they are still going strong. I love those things. I also have a pair of black boots that I wear all the time and love.
2. What are you wearing right now?
Yoga pants and a yellow and gray striped maternity hoodie. It's Saturday. I can't be held accountable.
3. What is the first thing you would do if you won the lottery?
Meet with a financial planner. Not very exciting, I know! I would just be afraid of making really stupid mistakes with the money.
4. Are you named after anyone/anything?
No. My parents had both taught for a handful of years before I was born, so they picked my name by process of elimination--what names didn't evoke memories of terrible students.
5. What is worse – being too cold, or being too hot?
Being too hot. It's nauseating.
6. What is hanging on your walls at home?
We have a lot of black and white framed pictures of places we've been, and a handful of framed pictures of family and friends. I also have a few city-themed things, like an old print of Chicago, a fabric rendering of the Paris metro map, and a framed piece celebrating Arizona's 75th anniversary. Finally, we have some more traditional art pieces, including paintings my dad did and some prints.
7. What is the last thing that you took a picture of?
Part of the stairs in our house. After I fell in December we decided to get carpet treads, which were installed yesterday. Hopefully this makes the steps safer for everyone.
8. Who is the last person you spoke to on the phone?
My very much missed Meg. We finally got to catch up last night.
9. Where did you go on vacation as a child?
We went to different places. We went to Chattanooga/Atlanta once, Niagara Falls, various beaches on the east coast, and once we went to Disney World.
10. What is your favourite TV show?
Probably Justified. So addictive.
11. How many pieces of jewelry do you wear regularly?
I always wear my engagement and wedding rings, and most days I wear earrings and a necklace. Sometimes I wear another ring or a watch, but not usually.
My 11 Questions
- What do you consider your greatest accomplishment?
- What's the funniest thing that's ever happened to you?
- Are you a morning person? If not, how do you feel about morning people?
- What's your favorite book?
- If you could take classes to learn any new skill, what would it be?
- What is your favorite track workout (or other workout if you don't do track)?
- If you could visit any place on earth, where would you go?
- Do you have an usual talent?
- What's your favorite guilty pleasure?
- True or false: Jimmy John's is awesome.
- How long have you been in your current job?
Are you tagged??
RunningFirst (because he hasn't blogged in ages)