Saturday, February 12, 2011

Do I jinx it??

So, a few weeks ago I tempted Mother Nature by suggesting that I might get off the 'mill and back outside soon (read it here). Then the Midwest's Snowmageddon happened (Snowpacalypse? Storm of the Century?). Soooooo......didn't go back outside. I am beyond impressed by those of you who live up north who have braved the elements.

StL has this city-wide policy of not plowing neighborhoods. Like, at all. I understand it and don't necessarily criticize them for it, but it does sort constrain the limits of running safely. Our streets (and most sidewalks) have been a solid sheet of ice for weeks. It was only today that I finally saw someone even attempting to run outside. He still had a lot of ice to dodge, but I was really energized by seeing someone try it. C'mon spring!! Do I jinx it?? Do I say it looks promising to make it outside this week?!?

Today concluded Week 3 of training for Martian/Cleveland. I listened to you all and kept this past week as a cut-back week. Y'all were right--next week is a huge step up, and I couldn't risk being tired going into it. I bumped up today's long run by one whole mile, just to situate myself a little better for the transition. Bring it, week 4!!

I don't have any pictures for today's post, so instead I'll leave y'all with the highlight of my week last week. On Tuesday night, around 2:30, I woke up abruptly because....I punched myself in the eye. Hard. I woke up quickly enough that my arm was still moving, so I knew I'd done it. And it hurt!! I think I was lying on my back with my arms at my side and had a muscle twitch in the crease of my arm, and my arm bent quickly at the elbow and flailed up and hit myself full-speed in the eye. Yep.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Thanks for the support. The days are numbered and I can't wait to have my life back!

TNTcoach Ken said...

Punching yourself in the eye???? This week should get rid of some of the icy conditions.....

Black Knight said...

I think you could spend your wintertime here, in Italy on the sea. No dreadmill and only workouts.
I hope that your eye feels better.