Sunday, November 9, 2008

For the dedicated

Yesterday was a test in dedication. It was about 37 degrees, overcast, and windy. Yet we met, a handful of weather-hardy alumni to complete our Saturday run. For those of us training for Disney, we had 12 miles in front of us. I took plenty of breaks and even walked a few minutes of the course. I was proud of our little group for sticking it out! After the run Jaymie and I waited for another teammate to finish. It was fun to sit and talk and catch up. I'm getting used to the idea that I'll be heading inside for most of my mid-week runs from here on out.

On the fundraising front, my husband had a great idea--raffle off a Wii! I've talked to several teammates about this and everyone thinks it's a great idea. I'm working now to nail down a ticket price. Let me know if you are interested in buying a chance on the Wii!!

No comments: