Tuesday, October 2, 2007

autumn

This is a two-for-the-price-of-one special.

A few weeks ago Meg and I decided to meet on Mondays after work to do a quick run. We also said we would continue to run on Saturday mornings when we could. Last Monday we met for our first scheduled run. It was great! We ran about 3.7 miles then went for ice cream. It was a beautiful day and a great run. We met again yesterday for another 3.7 mile quick run. Yesterday late afternoon it was a bit cool outside if you were sitting without a jacket. That, my friends, makes for perfect running weather. We took it easy and enjoyed the time to catch up, the amazing weather, and the exercise. I'm so glad Mondays work for both of us. I have the best running partner ever--I missed her!

Otherwise I've been walking with M a few times a week and occasionally in the evenings with my husband. I was also really active this past weekend with other things, including planting new annuals (asters), re-organizing our master bedroom closet, and attending a football game. For a while I felt bad about not running 4 days a week and cross-training a fifth day. Instead, I feel like I'm being active but doing other things, and still running and walking at least a few times a week. Honestly, I'm really enjoying the mix!

No comments: