Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Bursting at the seams with thankfulness

Today was an amazing day to be a runner with the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team in Training. I am so thankful and joyful I almost don't know where to start. I'm just sitting here smiling.

First, a fundraising update. Yesterday and today Meg and I held a bake sale at my husband's work. We sold blueberry pie, double chocolate chunk cookies, raspberry brownies, oatmeal-chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chip cookies, and black-bottom cupcakes. We each earned $61(!), and there are leftovers Meg is going to try to sell at the Vet school tomorrow. I am so pleased. I also have a coin box at Dos Reales. I went by on Tuesday to see how it was doing. I left some small change and took $7. I'm going again this coming Tuesday for the final pick-up. The best part--tonight was my fundraiser at Noodles & Company. I think it went really well! I know a good handful of people from church went, they seemed to have good business from people walking in off the street, and I went with Brendan and 4 of my teammates after practice tonight. The girl at the counter said they had been pretty busy for a Wednesday night, and that people were asking about the fundraiser, which was encouraging. I'm going to call tomorrow to see if they have the total. I have to say, too, they were so easy to work with. Very professional, polite. Fundraising with Noodles was a great experience all the way around. I'll update again when I know more!

Second, I should say a bit about tonight's track workout. Tonight was my favorite track workout ever: 400's. I LOVE running 400's. We ran a mile warm-up, 12 400's at 3 minutes each (so we rested in the time between our finish and the end of the 3 minutes), then strides and a cool-down. I ran 11 of the 12 400's at 1 min 45 to 1 min 47, and one (the 11th) at 1 min 40. It felt phenomenal. I should say too that there's no record of a Monday or Tuesday workout here because Meg and I were baking those evenings (picture below, thanks N for the help & adorable labels). I think I'm going to make up the cross-training workout tomorrow, we'll see.


So, as I drove home from Noodles & Company tonight I felt so overwhelmed by the support of my friends and team, and so joyful that I love to run and can use it as a gift to give. I just smiled and thanked God, for the life I have in this town, for the people who have shown me such love and support in ways big and small, for the success of my fundraising efforts, and for the joy I find in running, especially with my team.

No comments: