Friday, July 20, 2007

anticipation

I did my Friday run yesterday (Thursday) just so I wouldn't be running 12 hours before the 12-miler. Yesterday was still quite humid, but neither as humid or as warm as Wednesday. The run turned out to be a fairly typical 30 minute run in terms of how I felt. The wind blew pretty hard throughout, as it was threatening to rain. Then last night I washed all of my running clothes from the week. With all this humidity, I didn't even want them in the laundry hamper anymore. Eeeew.

It also means I have an assortment of clean clothes from which to choose for my first ever 12 mile run. I'm trying to get myself ready--I keep giving myself little pep talks about it. It's just an eight mile run (which is fun) with a few miles tacked onto the end. Or like two six mile runs, which individually are pretty easy. I think we're going to run the eight mile course, then back down to the 0 mile marker (1.2 miles), back to the picnic tables (1.2 miles) then to the covered bridge (0.8 miles) and back to the picnic tables. Wish us luck!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am enjoying your posts. Anyone who calls a long run "glorious" has my admiration. I have a LR on Sunday,(am training for Chicago Marathon) and I'm already excited. Good luck with your 12 miler and keep up the good running and posting! Tom

Unknown said...

I hope your 12-mile run goes well today!!! I'm probably posting this comment as you run!