Saturday, June 2, 2007

Today's long run

Typically I would start with a little blurb about Friday's workout. The problem is, I didn't run yesterday. I was EXHAUSTED when I got home from work. So much so that I just went to bed for an hour before doing anything. Then it was dinner time, then it was dark. So there was no run. It was just a pleasant evening at home with my hubby, watching the first Pirates movie on TV.

This morning, on the other hand, I did a long run. We met at Meadowbrook because it was supposed to be a "stepback" week, meaning that we were to run slightly less than we did last Saturday (Meadowbrook is ok for shorter distances). Meg and I took off to run the grid first. We started on Windsor between Race and Philo. We ran east to Philo, north to Florida, west to Race, south back to Windsor, and east back to where we started. We got a bit of shade in the neighborhoods, which was nice. I didn't mind the sun (it was an incredibly clear morning) until we got back to Windsor going east (it was about 8:15am). After that 4 miles we stopped for a minute to hydrate, then hit the loop around the park. We both felt pretty useless by the time we were about halfway through the loop so we decided not to run a second loop. As an aside, I was soaked in sweat today. The humidity and heat are really picking up!

Total distance for the day: about 5.8 miles. Total time: about 50 minutes. Mile time: somewhere between 8:30 and 8:45. Fast enough to finish in under 2 hours, which Meg and I informally talked about as a goal for the race. Yay!

No comments: