Tuesday, June 26, 2007

running yesterday's run today

Since yesterday was my second wedding anniversary I skipped the scheduled run. Instead, I came home, changed into a nice sun dress, we exchanged gifts, then went to a nice dinner. It was a lovely evening that didn't need to be smooshed by a run and a shower before dinner.

So I did yesterday's scheduled run today. It was a 40 minute regular run. I chose to run around my subdivision and the one right across the street. For about the first 15-18 minutes my quads were just tight and tired, I think still from Saturday's ten-miler. After that first 15 or so minutes the tension relaxed, but I never did speed up much. It was very humid and around 83. I think I also wasn't properly hydrated and hadn't eaten good "energy" foods through the afternoon. Plus Saturday's run isn't quite out of me yet. It was a slow run, but a good one. I worked up a good sweat, got into a groove with it, waved at a bunch of neighbors, and had a good time. Nothing too monumental.

Today I outlined a fundraising plan. I'm starting to get nervous about it. I have about a month to go on fundraising and I still need to raise about $1,000. I'm going to have a Qdoba fundraiser (probably Friday a week and a half from now, be there!) and possibly something at Noodles (waiting to hear back). The new church newsletter should be coming out soon with my fundraising plea in it, so hopefully that will help. Plus the team garage sale is coming up, so hopefully I will get something reasonable from helping with/donating to that. I'm considering asking a few businesses to put coin boxes in their stores. I'm sure it will come together one way or another but I'm not sure how yet. I'm glad I took a few steps today (went to Qdoba and Noodles, submitted a donation request form to Meijer, called my Mom, etc.). Hopefully they will pay off!

No comments: