Monday, April 7, 2014

March Recap

Hello hello! I know I'm late to post my March recap. The USB to connect my Garmin to my computer went AWOL for about a week and a half. Stuff happens. :)

So how was March? March was lovely! I hit triple digits, successfully moved through another 4 weeks of training, and got to know people in my running group better each Saturday. Here are the stats:

Total miles: 102. Triple digits feels great.

# runs: 18

# other workouts: Over spring break we went skiing, which is one heck of a cross-training workout! It had been about 15 years since I'd skied, so needless to say there was some falling down, but by the end of the day I was in a groove. We definitely plan to go more than once next year!
Me and the Mr. at Snowbird lookin' goofy
Otherwise, I attended my yoga class twice. I did miss cross-training the week I went to San Antonio.

Favorite run: Can I pick three? First, he 9 mile long run that included some intense hills in the early miles, then a long, gradual downhill with great views after that. And of course, mile repeats are always a favorite. Then, getting to run outdoors along the canal in San Antonio while traveling for work was certainly a bonus.

Overall, my runs this month have been delightful. It would be hard not to love running when you get to see an amazing sunrise every day.
Sunrise over the mountains
Setbacks/Challenges: My Achilles have been really tight lately. I've never had this happen before, and I have no idea what I'm doing differently that is causing it. I've started stretching them in the mornings and more diligently after each run. Here's hoping it clears up!

House projects completed: My hubby painted his man cave. It looks great!

Training update: The Salt Lake Half is in 2 weeks!! Training has been going well and I'm looking forward to race day.

Things I'm looking forward to in April: The Salt Lake Half!!! My group ran the course this Saturday, so I know what to expect. CAN'T WAIT! Then, I'm also really looking forward to stepping up my training for the Utah Valley Half in June. It's a more aggressive training schedule--looking forward to seeing how far I can push myself.

Also, April means baby boy turns TWO (can you believe he's 2 already??) and I turn a larger number later in the month. And, classes end. #hallelujah.

Happy April Runners!! 

No comments: