Monday, August 2, 2010

Quick update

I'm doing a Two Things Tuesday.

On a Monday. What, I totally knew it was Monday when I typed that.

Look, semantics. That's not the point. Two quick updates, because I have to get back to beating my forehead on my desk in an effort to make my data cooperate.

1. I spent the weekend traveling, having a blast, and being sick. I thought I was going to be smart and skip doing my 12-miler in unbearable heat & humidity and instead do it on a hotel treadmill. Until I realized I felt way too much like poo for any kind of 12 mile run. So...that didn't happen. Which leads me to my second update:

2. I have a running date for tomorrow morning to do said 12-mile run!! When I came back from my run this morning there were two runners standing in front of my house talking. Turns out one owns (& leases out, she actually lives in MD and was here visiting) the house next to mine and was the former running buddy of the other person, who lives a few blocks over. We stood and talked for a little bit and the one that lives a few blocks over and I decided to do the long run tomorrow! I'm SO excited (can you tell?). It's a path he knows and goes through some areas I haven't explored yet. So excited!!

3 comments:

MJ said...

So glad you have found someone to run with in your neighborhood! yeah!

Stephanie said...

Hooray for discovering running buddies in your neighborhood. That is teriffic! Enjoy your 12 miler...I think I'll be doing 11 tonight on the treadmill.

Run Jess Run said...

Yay for running buddies!