Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Or not....new plan

I went to the physical therapist on campus today and together we devised a new plan that might get me to race day. The new training schedule looks like this:

Monday--EASY run (I mean it this time...I've learned)
Tuesday--cross-train
Wednesday--easy run (no more track workouts for me)
Thursday--rest/stretch
Friday--cross train
Saturday--long run (as much as possible)
Sunday--rest/stretch

This will be done with the help of Ibuprofen and ice massages for the swelling, stretches for the muscle, and a sleeve of a thing to go over my knee.

In the spirit of getting started, I did 30 minutes of pretty fast-paced cardio using our Eye Toy Kinetic. We bought it a few years ago and always had trouble using it in our living room. Fortunately, it works much better in the entertainment room in our basement, so I'm using it down there. After the workout I did some of the stretches I got at PT today. If all goes well, I'll get back on schedule day-by-day next week. Wish me luck!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you heal quickly!