Friday, June 27, 2008

Joanna runs again, but slowly

I finally had my first post-partum run! This Wednesday morning I laced up my shoes and headed out for what I promised myself would be an easy 20 minute jog. It was 20 minutes, and it was at an "easy" pace, but it wasn't easy! I have a few good excuses--I'm 5 weeks post-partum, it was blazing hot and humid, and it has been two months since I did anything like pretend to run, and that run at 8 months wasn't terribly athletic. So while I didn't expect it to be as hard as it was, I was really pleased with it. While I ran, I got so excited by realizing that the world of fitness is open to me again. I can run, do other cardio, lift weights, do more yoga, etc. I can't wait to get back into decent shape!! And...that's right...training for Indy should be starting here in a few weeks. Meg (my friend and currently-long-distance running partner) and I will probably start to draft a training schedule soon. I'm so excited. Seriously. You have no idea.

No comments: